How to prepare for your logical reasoning test
Similar to deductive reasoning tests and verbal reasoning tests, logical reasoning aptitude tests are designed to measure your ability to draw logical conclusions based on statements or arguments, and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of those arguments.
Logical reasoning aptitude test example questions:
Question example 1:
Only fish oil contains Omega 3.
Only foods that contain Omega 3 help with brain development.
Which conclusion can be derived from the combination of these two statements?
- All fish oils help with brain development.
- Only what contains Omega 3 is fish oil.
- All that helps with brain development is fish oil.
- There are fish oils that help with brain development.
Option C is the correct answer. From the first statement, we can conclude: fish oil => contains Omega 3. The second statement tells us: that which contains Omega 3 => helps with brain development. If we combine the two statements in reverse, we can see: helps with brain development => contains Omega 3 => fish oil. Thus, helps with brain development => fish oil.
Question example 2:
To every question there is an answer.
From this statement, which of the following is not possible?
- There is an answer that does not address any question.
- If there is a question, then it has an answer.
- Sam answered me, though I didn’t ask a question.
- The professor discussed questions that have no answer.
Option D is the correct answer. If “every question has an answer”, then the statement “the professor discussed questions that have no answer” cannot be true. Therefore, answer D is not possible.
What to expect in your logical reasoning aptitude test:
- Logical reasoning aptitude tests are timed. You should allow around 30 seconds for each test question. To master your logical aptitude test, you must be familiar with all the ins and outs of your spatial aptitude test.
- Typically, you will have easier test questions at the beginning. The level of difficulty of the questions will increase as the test progresses.
- There is only one correct answer.
It is extremely important to ensure that you practise the right test questions for your spatial aptitude test. As there are several types of spatial aptitude test questions, each designed to match a different level of difficulty and complexity, the right test questions are necessary for an effective practice. Don’t practise the generic spatial tests that are offered free on many websites, as they are likely to waste your time.
Improving your test score on the spatial aptitude test can be achieved through ensuring simple factors, such as using the right techniques and frameworks to solve test problems.
How to prepare you for your logical aptitude test:
The Institute of Psychometric Coaching (IPC) offers online preparation developed by experienced psychologists. These psychologists have developed aptitude tests and administered them to candidates applying for jobs with many local and international companies. Our preparation solutions are quick, effective, affordable, and tailored to the level of difficulty and complexity of the position you are applying for.
IPC’s online practice logical reasoning aptitude tests:
- The largest pool of logical reasoning and verbal aptitude test questions.
- Test questions are tailored to your industry and job level.
- All test questions and answers have been developed by experienced test writers.
- Immediate full test reports that include your total score, a list of your correct and incorrect answers, and detailed explanations of answers. This ensures you quickly recognise your strengths and the areas that need improvement.
- Immediate and practical recommendations on how to improve your outcome.
- Effective solutions to train your mind to recognise patterns quickly and correctly solve problems.
IPC’s online logical reasoning and verbal aptitude test course:
- Know the do’s and don’t’s of this aptitude test.
- All course material has been developed by experienced test writers.
- Learn effective aptitude test-taking strategies to ensure you answer more questions in the given time.
- Understand how to prepare for the logical reasoning aptitude test.
- View example aptitude test questions and learn how to solve each one.
IPC’s personal coaching:
- One-on-one coaching with an IPC psychologist to ensure you improve your scores.
- Get an expert to tell you your relevant strengths and weaknesses.
- Receive personal guidance on how to improve your aptitude test-taking skills.
- Coaching is delivered over the telephone and outside of business hours to ensure you get the most from your coaching.
IPC’s preparation services works:
- All our preparation material has been written by experienced Australian psychologists and psychometric test developers.
- Contrary to the common belief, you can prepare for your aptitude test and significantly improve your test score. We have worked with over 200,000 satisfied customers who improved their aptitude test scores.
- We don’t just give you any aptitude test to complete – we ensure it fits the level of difficulty you’ll find in your real test
We don’t just offer you a list of aptitude test questions (which is NOT an effective preparation strategy), but we give you detailed answer explanations to ensure that you learn the right problem-solving techniques.