Abstract test preparation
Our abstract test preparation products:
Why should you prepare for the abstract reasoning test?
When solving an abstract reasoning test question, which requires you to recognise the rule behind the transformation of shapes in a series, you are asked to rely on what is referred to as your ‘ intuition’ . In fact, there are numerous models and patterns of transformation rules between shapes, and you need to quickly scan your memory to apply a suitable pattern to the specific question based on previous experience.
Your chances of succeeding in solving these types of questions grow as you have more models and patterns in your memory and as your ability to match the right one to a question increases. Only repetitive exercises and learning transformation principles will equip you with many models and pattern types. The more you learn and practice, the more you are likely to quickly find a suitable model for a question or recognise a different version of a model.
Why our abstract test preparation is unique
IPC’s abstract reasoning test preparation solutions were developed by organisational psychologists with years of industry experience. Our abstract reasoning practice tests and course are based on popular abstract reasoning tests used by blue-chip employers.
We are the only ones to offer a wide range of abstract reasoning test preparation solutions to suit your needs. You can take our short online abstract reasoning course, practise abstract test questions online, receive advice from one of our psychologists on how to improve your abstract reasoning skills, and participate in a psychometric test workshop. All solutions are designed to be short and concise but still deliver all you need to succeed in your real abstract reasoning test.
Our unique online abstract reasoning test course uses simple and straightforward language, and allows you to spend longer on specific logical models or rules that you may find to be more difficult, and offers you the option to keep repeating lessons until you master them. You can take the abstract reasoning course and test from the convenience of your home, or from anywhere with a broadband Internet connection.
receive unlimited access to a large number of abstract reasoning tests designed to match the level of difficulty and verbal reasoning skills required in the job you applied for
- test questions are based on real tests used by blue-chip companies
- get personalised and detailed reports with your test results and feedback on your relevant strengths and weaknesses
- get answers to all test questions with detailed explanations for the correct responses
- reports include a detailed explanation of what employers will learn from your specific test result about your work suitability.
The IPC’s online abstract reasoning course is a short and practical course that can be completed in as little as two to three hours. This course takes you step by step through all the necessary knowledge and skills you need to complete the abstract reasoning test with flying colours.
This course includes:
- easy-to-read explanations about the types of abstract reasoning questions and the models, patterns, shapes and transformation rules you need to know to solve each question type
- example abstract reasoning test questions and detailed answer explanations. Practising these sample questions will prepare you for the types of questions you' ll get when taking the real abstract reasoning test
- practical test-taking strategies and techniques on how to crack the abstract reasoning test.
Click for course preview
Work closely with our psychologist to learn about your work suitability and identify areas of concern relevant to the job you applied for.
Read more about personal coaching
Psychometric test workshops
Participate in a one- or half-day psychometric test workshop run by experienced organisational and occupational psychologists. In the workshop, you will receive personalised and comprehensive psychometric test preparation.
Read more about psychometric test workshops