Verbal test preparation
Why should you prepare for the verbal reasoning test?
Despite what some job-seekers believe, you can improve your performance in the verbal reasoning test. Like any other test you’ ve taken in your life, the right preparation can improve your test result. Although you cannot significantly improve your oral and written verbal communication skills within a very short time, you can learn and practise verbal reasoning test strategies and eliminate stress factors to quickly improve your performance.
Another important reason why you should prepare for the verbal reasoning test is that your result is always compared against those of others. So even if you have a bachelor in English literature or you are an avid reader of English literature, it is most likely that others applying for the same role also have similar verbal reasoning skills. Therefore, preparing for the verbal reasoning test suitable to the role you applied for will give you the edge you need.
Why our verbal reasoning test preparation is unique
IPC’s verbal reasoning test preparation solutions were developed by organisational psychologists with years of industry experience. Our verbal reasoning practice tests and course are based on popular verbal reasoning tests used by blue-chip employers.
We are the only ones to offer a wide range of verbal reasoning test preparation solutions to suit your needs. You can take our short online verbal reasoning course, practise verbal test questions online, receive advice from one of our psychologists on how to improve your verbal reasoning skills, and participate in a psychometric test workshop. All solutions are designed to be short and concise but still deliver all you need to succeed in your real verbal reasoning test.
Our unique online test course uses simple and straightforward language, and allows you to spend longer on issues you find to be more difficult. It offers you the option to keep repeating lessons until you master them. You can take the verbal course and test from the convenience of your home or from anywhere with a broadband Internet connection.
- receive unlimited access to a large number of verbal reasoning tests designed to match the level of difficulty and verbal reasoning skills required in the job you applied for
- test questions are based on real tests used by blue-chip companies
- get personalised and detailed reports with your test results and feedback on your relevant strengths and weaknesses
- get answers to all test questions with detailed explanations for the correct responses
- reports include a detailed explanation of what employers will learn from your specific test result about your work suitability.
The IPC’s verbal reasoning course is a short and practical course that can be completed in as little as two hours. This course takes you step by step through all the necessary knowledge and skills you need to complete the verbal reasoning test with flying colours.
This course includes:
- effective preparation strategies for the verbal reasoning test
- practical reading strategies to allow you to quickly and effectively comprehend test question data
- useful verbal reasoning test-taking strategies
- example verbal reasoning test questions and detailed explanations on how to answer them
- useful tips on how to crack verbal reasoning questions.
Click for the verbal test course preview
Get one of our professional psychologists to work with you over the telephone to ensure that you enhance your advantages and improve your weaknesses relevant to the job you applied for.
Read more about personal coaching
Psychometric test workshops
Participate in a one- or half-day psychometric test workshop run by experienced organisational psychologists. In the workshop, you will receive personalised and comprehensive psychometric test preparation.
Read more about psychometric test workshops